[LargeFormat] Shen Hao

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jun 16 10:17:01 2002

Dear Clive,

    I shall be honoured to tell all to the f.32 net. After I get this first
actual shoot out of the way I'll write up the whole history of the camera.
It is an infectious thing - I spent the afternoon tightening the swing and
tilt - coachbolt not necessary - just the fitted machine screw - and packed
the helices with washers to take up play. It is almost tight!

    Also sat with my copy of View Camera Technique - Stroebel I think - and
figured out how to get 32mm of front rise when using the reducing back. ie
make the back drop.

     Oddly enough, the castors that the iron base swivels on are so well
made that the actual assembly is a little lively - I will have to wedge it
when I have it set up to prevent inadvertant movement when I hammer the film
holders in.

    Appropriately enough, the first model will be done in 20's Hollywood
style.

     Uncle Dick