[LargeFormat] Diverse Interests

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jun 14 18:36:21 2002

At 9:39 pm +0000 14/6/02, Pete Caluori wrote:
snip

>That's weird!  Statistically speaking, the coincidence is highly
>unlikely.  I'm currently KG0OB (but have been N2GUH, KD1KA and
>operated WA2THR) but I haven't been on the air in a few years.  I
>simply don't have enough time.
>
>Regards, Pete

The outer limits.......  I used to operate IQ8Y59 at weekends more
years ago than I care to remember using an old 1154/1155 valve rig
out of a Lancaster aircraft. This was definitely LARGE format and
kept the shack nice and warm. I sold all of my gear several years ago
except for an old US Air Force Racal RA-1B which is sitting on a
shelf next to me!  Strange how those call signs remain with you -
India Quebec Figure Eight Yankee Fife Niner.......

The other strange statistical feature of the workshop participants
was the number of motorcyclists.

Note that these are all activities that are usually carried out alone
- don't get me started on Psychology :-)

I was thinking about using an old Wasp grass track racing outfit
converted for road use as an off road vehicle to take the camera gear
to inaccessible places. In saner moments the idea was shelved with
the thought that the shutters probably wouldn't be able to take the
shattering vibration from the 850cc Norton twin engine.