[LargeFormat] Polaroid 4x5 format camera conversion

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jun 14 12:15:22 2002

At 08:04 14/06/02 -0400, Guy Glorieux wrote:
>There is a thread in a separate list concerning a Polaroid 4x5 format,
>camera conversion selling on eBay.  It would seem that the item has been
>terminated by eBay, because of copyright infringement, but is still
>showing at
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1359871725
>
>The person who mentioned this item on the other list also mentions that
>there is an Australian who will modify a Polaroid 110, 110A or 110B to a
>4x5 back for around $300.
>
>Is anybody familiar with such conversions or has anyone converted a
>Polaroid to large format?  The concept is neat since it provides for a
>relatively inexpensive, lightweight 4x5 field camera (but lacking any of
>the traditional front & back adjustments).
>
>Guy

Guy,

I use a Polaroid 110 (A or B can't remember) in its leather case as a
footrest when working on the computer. I have to say that in this guise it
has worked perfectly and I am very happy with it. It was originally
purchased to convert for use with contemporary Polaroid film - it could
make a great 4x5 point and shoot used with a Grafmatic as it is a
rangefinder camera.

The camera is already 4x5 (ish) so it would not take a lot of converting.
The lens cap on mine turns it into a pinhole camera....