[LargeFormat] Old Glass

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 13 17:46:36 2002

I have to make an exception,  the 165 Angulon for my 8x10 Deardorff
has seen more than its share of time on a focusing helix on the front of my
Hasselblad 500C. Yielding a 6x6cm negative that was as enlargable as a 150
Sonnar.
I have a 35mm adapter back for my Deardorffs and I test lenses using just
the central 35mm Format image size. Heres a short list, best on top, Fstops
were set 3 from wide open
1. 165 Angulon, 210Angulon (yes these beat an artar)
2. 18.5 in F10 Kodak anastigmat, 19 In Artar, 12 f5.5 Aplanet B+L
3. 12 in APO TESSAR (close to the Artar)
4. 12 in Turner Reich, 12 in Protar
5 250mm WF Ektar, 12 in Dagor
6 12" Ektar

These were 8x12 enlargements on the same roll of TMaxx 100
ALL the lenses give spectacular contact prints.
Ken