[LargeFormat] Can you Help????

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 27 15:17:48 2002

Photos are needed!! Can you send any?
Ken

From:           	JRLKWIN@aol.com
To:             	Largeformat@f32.net
Subject:        	[LargeFormat] Can you Help????
Send reply to:  	largeformat@f32.net
	<mailto:largeformat-request@f32.net?subject=subscribe>
Date sent:      	Mon, 27 May 2002 12:30:12 EDT

               Have found a large collection of photo stuff in an old barn
dating
               from 1898 to 1950 and have a few questions.
                 1. Found most of an old view camera and the only id found on
it says--
                    St. Louis Photo supply CO
                    Dealers of photographic materials
                    1887 Olive St.  St. Louis
                    I think they are talking about St. Louis, MO as this barn
is on a farm in
                    Missouri.  Is this a home made camera?  It is a 8X10 size
all red wood
                    (like cherry wood ?) on a stand like one would use in a
studio.  The
                    front and back is missing, and there are several boxes of
old plates?
                    to put film/glass in also in the barn.  How can I find
out more about this
                    camera?  Is it of any value or should it be trashed?
Most of it is in sad
                    shape and the plate tend to fall apart when picked up
even gently but
                    can be glued back together.

                   Second question.  Also need help with latern slides.  Have
found around
                   100 slides also in the barn.  95% are in good shape but
the paper edge
                   is comeing off or has by the time I wiped the dust off
them.  What do
                   collectors use to rewrap them so the pices of glass do not
come apart?
                   These are old Eastman slides

                   Even if you do not know the answers if you have a
connection or phone
                   number of someone who can help it is much apreciated.
Write me at:
                   JRLKWIN@aol.com               Lesia Winters--  Kansas City

        P.S.  Just to let you know--The owner of the barn wants to throw
everything in a
                 dumpster so he can put his fishing boat in there.  ;0(