[LargeFormat] And now in contrast

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Fri May 24 14:37:21 2002

203mm F7.7 Ektars vary. There are Un-coated ones. The coated ones I've
seen  all needed a good cleaning to remove the haze between the elements.
try that.
Ken

From:           	"philip.lambert" <philip.lambert@ntlworld.com>
To:             	<largeformat@f32.net>
Subject:        	Re: [LargeFormat] And now in contrast
Send reply to:  	largeformat@f32.net
Date sent:      	Fri, 24 May 2002 07:23:14 +0100

I wonder whether readers could advise me how to improve contrast when using
old Kodak or other lenses on colour negative film.  This arises because a
friend just tried my 203mm Ektar and compared the result with his next
negative taken with the latest Schneider apo XL  lens.  The Schneider gave a
much more contrasty result, as you would hope, in view of the price.  With
monochrome negative you could extend development or use a harder grade of
paper to gain contrast. I suspect this does not arise with colour negative
but there might be a more contrasty negative or slide film one could use.
Philip