[LargeFormat] Some Advice Please

Mike Kirwan largeformat@f32.net
Fri May 17 05:59:01 2002

I had a similar experience. Read in an old photo book that refixing and then
rewashing would fix the problem. Tried and it worked. Would have it have
worked with just rewashing? don't know did not have to try.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net]On
Behalf Of Tori Nelson
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 6:38 PM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: [LargeFormat] Some Advice Please

Hello All,

Hopefully, there are enough of us not at the workshop, that I'll be able to
get a solution for my problem.

I was doing a final wash on an 8x10 neg in a tray with running water.
Normally when I do this, I change the water every few minutes.  While
washing this particular neg, it became nessesary to leave the darkroom.
(It was time to feed the dogs and administer my children's 5:00 p.m.
beatings.)  I was so caught up in what I was doing that I forgot about the
neg. and didn't return to it for about 40 minutes.  The water was still
flowing, but the print was floating at the top of the tray; only partially
submerged.  Now the neg has blotchy areas that are lighter than others.
Is there any way to save this neg?

Thanks,

Tori