[LargeFormat] Re: Cambo

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 13 09:41:49 2002

>I have access to a Cambo SC View Camera with the following periphery for
>sale.  I
>would like to know if the price range is a good one.

-snip-

         Do what I do - go on ebay and do a search for "completed" auctions
on those items, and take an average, considering the overall condition of
each item sold in relation to the price.
         For exmaple, a local camera store has an estate sale on
an  Graphic View Monorail.  It has been in the store for over 8 months with
no nibbles.  While it is in excellent, almost new  shape and very clean,
the price is way to high.  I can buy a used Sinar F1 out of town for only a
couple hundred more dollars.   So I put an offer in Friday on the camera, a
bit of a lowball offer to be sure, but I based my price on a search of
completed sales at Ebay, both high and low extremes.   The highest
completed bids on Ebay was still below the price in the store.
         So, they can turn me down, but the point is, you have something of
a "third party"  apprasial on prices.  Ebay is far, far from perfect, to be
certian, but it does allow you some idea of the going rates for used gear.
joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"