[LargeFormat] Sinar system.

george day largeformat@f32.net
Sun May 12 16:56:05 2002

Jim is absolutely right: Linhof is the best of the bunch, period.  It took a
mere daliance with a Canham to come to a swift conclusion about that.  As
for Sinars, you won't be packing them far or at all.  In short, if you can
afford it, Linhof is the way to go.  Axis tilts, utterly secure detents (an
unforgiveable failing of the Canham, in my view.  Even Wisners -- and I
detest wooden cameras -- are superior in this regard), completely smooth
machining, far greater extension than you'll get from, well, anything else,
etc.