[LargeFormat] Another hand held image

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 6 14:30:19 2002

From: george day <geod@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 08:26:33 -0700

Pete,

Another terrific shot.  How much (if any) post production in photoshop to
adjust contrast/hue?  You're becoming a demon with that speed graphic!

Were you on a climb?  I know a little bit about having to get down from
places fast...and I know a bit too much about missing the window.  Never
again...

george

<snip>

Hi George,

Not much post production, just a slight bump in contrast - about 1 paper
grade.  I also bumped the contrast slightly when I made the conventional
print.  What you see on f32 is a scan of the neg, not the print.

This was not a technical climb, but yes a climb.  Luckily the air temps are
still on the cool side, so I could stay up there during this weather.  Had
this been the summer, with hot temperatures, those clouds would have been 30
- 50,000 feet tall with lightning spewing out.  I did encounter some snow,
rain and hail on the way down.  I just don't like taking chances at that
altitude.

Regards, Pete