[LargeFormat] D76 Discontinued ??

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Fri May 3 06:49:13 2002

D76H:
2.5g metol  100g sod sulfite anhydrous.  water to make 1 liter.

"A major problem with D-76 was discovered in 1929, just two years after=20=

its introductions. At the pH of fresh D76, which should be about 8.3,=20
the hydroquinone is essentiallyinactive. However, upon storage over a=20
few months, the pH of both D-76 and D-76R can rise as haigh as 9, enough=20=

to activate the hydro=9Cuinone. At that point D76 creates higher=20
contrast. thus d-76 can be variabe in its use, a poor characteristic for=20=

a developer that is supposed to be the gold standard"