[LargeFormat] New Toy Report

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Apr 26 14:34:37 2002

At 3:31 pm +0000 24/4/02, Pete Caluori wrote:
>Greetings,
snip
>A while back I asked for advise on preserving the bellows on an old
>Speed Graphic (synthetic bellows.)  Ken Hough suggested I use Lemon
>Pledge (this is
  snip
>Last evening I took the Speed and a Grafmatic holder loaded with 6
>sheets of HP5+ and paid a visit to an old abandoned ranch near my
>house.  I developed the sheets last night, all were hand held and I
>didn't have time to look at them through a loupe this morning, but
>they appear very good.  Hopefully I'll print some of them soon and
>if any are really good, I'll post them on f32.

I also use Pledge on synthetic bellows following Ken's suggestion -
but not the lemon version.... Why lemon Ken - or should that be, Ken
why lemon?

Great to hear that you're using the SG handheld - I have used mine to
take snaps in the past with the flash bulbs, once found a piece of
paper in my hatband after a party with the word "Press" on it :-)

Moving around without a tripod is very refreshing and opens up all
sorts of possibilities that you would not normally consider. Look
forward to seeing the photos if they pass your critical eye.