[LargeFormat] Scanner & LF

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 25 13:58:43 2002

From: "Brock Nanson" <brock@nanson.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:58:11 -0700

Diane,

I have the 2450 and am very impressed.  No comparative comments with results
from other scans, but for the price I feel very satisfied.  Even the 35mm
scans are acceptable.

Probably worth trying out if you can.  I have no idea what your final output
requirements are.

Brock

<snip>

Greetings,

I too have the 2450 and can second Brock's comments.  I too can't compare
it, as it's my first and only scanner, but it produces incredible results -
IMHO.

I do conventional B&W, C-type prints and Ilfochromes.  Recently I scanned a
4x5 Provia transparency, did minor tweaks in Photoshop and printed it in
8x10 on a cheap H-P printer.  I showed the print to a friend who has a "very
critical eye" and hates digital anything.

At arms length he was impressed, but didn't know what it was.  His first
instinct was a C print, but then he thought a matte finish Ilfochrome.  When
I told him it was scanned and printed on a cheap printer he couldn't believe
it.  He brought it close to his eye for inspection, then stated "oh yeah,
now I can see the imperfections."  If I knew the colors from the printer
wouldn't fade in a few years, this would definitely have potential.  The
2450 produces excellent results and I don't think it can be beat for the
price.

Regards, Pete