[LargeFormat] Goerz Artars

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 25 04:23:39 2002

I can't resist answering this.
I had them from 9in to 28 inch. (9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 24, 26, 28). All in shutters.
The 28 I think was a custom made one. I found some Kodak F10
Anastigmats at an auction, eight of them, same FLs as the Artars in fact.
Bought everyone for less than 300.00 total. I was going to resell them but I
coated a couple of the shorter ones and used them. I found they were as
good as the Artars. Sold the Artars and bought a 12x20 Deardorff with a
36in Artar. And still had money to buy film! In short the Artar is a fine dual
purpose lens and do not let anyone tell you it is not!
Ken