[LargeFormat] RE: inserting the film holders

Diane Maher largeformat@f32.net
Wed Apr 17 20:58:09 2002

I did pull the dark slide, trip the shutter via cable release, and then
re-inserted the dark slide.  I don't think it's happening with all my
film holders.  I've just started doing LF and probably need to get a
technique/routine down.

With regards to whether I broke the ground glass, I didn't break one,
but noticed someone on ebay was selling an old Kodak.

When I load the film, I move the bale handle, insert the film holder and
when I was shown this, I was told to carefully lift the opposite side of
the ground glass and ease the film holder all the way in before pressing
the bale lever back down again.  I will check the back's locks and see
whether they are tight enough.

As far as the fuzziness on some of the sheets, I've only noticed it on a
couple.  The last ones I had developed came out nice and sharp.  I will
keep an eye out for the fuzziness.

Diane