[LargeFormat] inserting the film holder

Robert Lawrence largeformat@f32.net
Tue Apr 16 18:11:03 2002

Diane Maher wrote:

> I've noticed that when I get my film back, some of them are ever so
> slightly blurry.  I’m assuming that this is due to inserting and
> removing the film holder.  I think that I've locked all my movable
> parts, but obviously something is amiss.  Any suggestions?

Diane, I noticed a posting in the forum requesting information on
thickness and registration of ground glass. Is it posssible that you
have broken one recently and replaced it with the ground glass facing
out (ie. wrong way round) or removed it and replaced it back to front?
The GG may not be seating properly? This might account for the effect
depending on the depth of focus at the film plane that you are achieving
adn why some are blurry and not others.

Robert Lawrence