[LargeFormat] inserting the film holder

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Tue Apr 16 08:51:51 2002

For a single flower I'd use armature wire outside of the frame or below the
depth of field. Granted you can't do this with a field of daisies. Martha
uses it and she says it's a good thing, and from the rumors I've heard I'm
not gonna say any different!

BTW foamcore comes in 4x8 sheets, we used it all the time shooting cars and
the truck idea didn't always work, as a good breeze would roll over the top
and stirr/dump dust and other stuff on us.

I remember we were around Dessert Sands California and the Art Director
(very young) had this great idea of shooting the car with the wind farm of
modern wind mills nearby. We tried to talk himout of it but he was playing
the prima donna.

He was SO pissed off when we got there that it was windy. I"ll swear I
vacuumed sand out of the inside of the bellows. I know there was sand in my
shorts.
Les