[LargeFormat] Re Worldwide Pinhole Photography

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sun Apr 14 15:02:07 2002

Hey sounds like a great ebay auction for next April fools.  "A pinhole
center filter!"

while I won't say it's impossible, the aperture is so bloody small that
creating a centerfilter would be difficult indeed. An you're already into
the several seconds exposure, another 2 stops will put you into the minute
mark with reciprocity.

Since pinholes don't need to focus, take a compass and measure the distance
from one wall to the next, then draw an arc in the botom of the box. Now
using more cardboard, construct a curve along the arc.  This way the film
will be the same distance from the aperture, and while fall off will still
exist, it will be greatly  diminshed.  You might get some odd shapes at the
very ends too, since the film will see an elipse instead of a circle.

Les.