[LargeFormat] cropping

Carl E Maier largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 8 13:27:49 2002

I think the negative is only a means to an end - the Print.  I suppose if
my negatives went on display then I would make them picture perfect with
the best composition possible, but since I  am the only one who sees my
negatives and I only mount prints, then a bit snipped here or there is
irrelevent.  I also agree with Karl there are times the brain was a tad
slower then the shutter speed due to conditions. The only times I am a
purist with negative composition is when I know the final Print will be a
contact Print such as a 5 X 7 Bromoil

Carl Maier