[LargeFormat] Re: Lensboards on the road, bellows in the bushes, tripod in the trees.

Jim Brick largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 8 13:00:37 2002

Dear Unk,

Many lenses are convertible, that is, by removing or switching a rear
element, the focal length is changed.

My Nikkor T*ED lens is a 360/500/750mm lens. One shutter and front element,
three rear elements. Very easy to carry.

My old Symmar 210 was a convertible. Removing the rear element turned it
onto a 420mm lens if I remember correctly.

Nephew Jim