[LargeFormat] Bromoil Stains (was Re: Pollie sheets and digicheckers)

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 4 18:45:50 2002

At 3:17 pm -0800 4/4/02, Les Newcomer wrote:
>  > From: Robert Lawrence <robert@fivebyfour.com>
>
>  Polaroid has
>  > some unique creative properties.
>  >
>>  Regards,
>>
>>  Robert Lawrence
>
>So did  Ambrotype, ferrotype, and daguerrotype, bromoil, and some others
>that have fallen so far by the wayside i can't come up with them.
>
>Les

Talking of Bromoil - do we have any Bromoilists on the list?

I introduced a friend to the process a couple of years ago and we
spent an enjoyable evening covering each other with ink  I left her
to it and on a return visit was shocked to see the state of her
kitchen, hands and clothes - black and blue all over :-)

The final results were worth the effort and mess but I was glad when
that period of experimentation ended!

I'm sure that there are ways of controlling the fallout but you have
to be a little too disciplined and for me and that took some of the
fun out of the process.

Bromoil is alive and well in the UK. I will see if I can dig out the
URL for the UK peops and put it in the f32 links sections - anyone
know the URL off hand?