[LargeFormat] Fuji Quickloads

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Fri Mar 29 11:47:27 2002

From: "mark blackman" <mark.blackman1@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:49:37 -0000

Has anyone used these? (Robert White sees them as the modern version of
Grafmatics) The instructions are in Japanese and I want to know if I should
load the cartidge into the carrier in the dark.

Greetings,

Mark the system you are inquiring about is the Quick Change system, not to
be confused with Quick Loads.  I only point that out, because Quick Loads
are readily available in the USA, but Quick Change not.

I have the Quick Change system and have heard it's very much like the older
Grafmatics, but never having seen the Grafmatic can't confirm that.  The
sustem is composed of two parts, the holder and the film cartridge.

Each cartridge hold 8 sheets and cartridges can be interchanged at any time.
  While the cartridges were not meant to be reloaded, it's relatively easy
to do and can be accomplished as quickly as loading conventional holders.
The holder is well made, but the film cartridges are mostly plastic and just
how long they will last remains to be seen.

In addition to Robert White, you can get the Quick Change system from Badger
Graphics here in the USA.  Badger carries both Provia and Velvia cartridges
and someone told me, though I haven't confirmed, that they also have Acros.
Let me know if you have any other questions...

Regards, Pete