[LargeFormat] 8x10 B&W Film

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 28 22:00:33 2002

At 9:59 am +0100 28/3/02, Tom Prack wrote:
>Is this right that Forte is the same like Bergger? When the
>quality is realla the same, I can save much money, because
>there is a photodealer near the slowakia who sell forte.
>Must ask him the price, but I thing it must be cheaper.
>
>So and you can all be happy because here are the 8 x 10" prices in Austria:
>
>Kodak T Max   25 sheet  100 $
>Ilford HP5 FP4 25 sheet   85  $
>Kodak EPR 64  10 sheet  142 $
>
>and there nobody have it on stock, they order it all from Germany or US.
snip

Tom,

That's serious. The laws of supply and demand at work again. Maybe
you should take out two sheets of film when you go out with your
camera.

It would be strange if Forte is indeed the same film stock as
Bergger, strange but possible.....

Forte is cheaper than Bergger here in the UK.

 From what was reported earlier from the film review, there is not a
lot of difference between the films so Forte becomes rather
attractive.