[LargeFormat] renovation

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 17 14:20:03 2002

If the bellows are starting to separate, then you'll need to get Bostick &
Sullivan's camera patch kit.  A thin spread of anything will not have
integrity.

You might want to try laquer thinner first, then paint remover. But my
museum background will get on it's soap box and ask, "Do you really need
to?" This camera was used in the field by a professional, why remove the
badges of honor?

When I worked for the Henry Ford Museum, we aquired a 32 Plyouth Coupe with
15,000 miles on it. it was mint.  We also quired a 30 Model A Tudor with
over 600,000 miles on it. It wasn't mint. The upholstery wasn't original,
the engine had be changed for a later version Model A, one of the fenders
was a slightly different color. the lady had a Mr. Christopher statue on the
dash from the 40's It was a well used. well worn car.

Except for cleaning the dirt off and a protective wax job we didn't do
anything to either.  The fun part about the Model A was the Gulf stickers
all over the inside r door jambs where the lady had her oil changed from the
50 through the 60's.  By restoring this car, it would have ruined its
history and looked just like every other restored Model A out there.