[LargeFormat] Keeping Film Cool

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 10 16:30:05 2002

| It was around 140F in some parts on the last trip - end May,
| beginning of June. The temperature in the car was a lot higher after
| it had been left in the sun for a few hours.
|
| Add to that that the temp. was below freezing at night in some places
| then it  seems sensible to avoid such radical temperature changes
| with trannie film.
|
| English people melt if they visit Utah in August ;-)
|
| The conditions that early settlers endured can only be imagined -
| hundreds of miles from the nearest Mounatin Dew outlet and no running
| water for their darkrooms.....
|
| Cheers,
|         Clive

Steady on now Clive! ;-)   Next you're going to recite the old story about
walking to school barefoot through 6 feet of snow, uphill both ways...!  The
highest recorded temperature anywhere on earth was in Libya in the '20s and
it was 'only' 136 F!! ... if my trivia is correct!  Or was the 140 degrees
recorded IN the car?

Sorry, living where I do and seeing temperatures that can range from below 0
to over 100 F in the same year, I can't resist taking you to task on this
one !!!  ;-))    And you were out in those temperatures.... Ah, now I
understand the 'mad dogs and Englishmen' reference!

Brock (where it's just below 0 Celsius outside today and about 22 Celsius in
my den)