[LargeFormat] Keeping Film Cool

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Sat Mar 9 22:27:26 2002

Was out on the prairie today experimenting with my new gear (Rodenstock
180 Sironar-N, Fujinon 90 SW, and some filters) taking photographs of a
grain elevator. It was nippy (forecast for -12 C, but only made it to
-19 C), especially when the wind kicked up.=20

While confirmed my belief that architectural photography is far more
difficult than it appears - although a 98 year old wooden building with
flexible lines may be beyond my skill - I was thinking about keeping
warm. This led to a consideration of  film. In hot weather film must be
cooled, is there a contrary requirement to keep film warm when it is a
tad chill outside? Does the performance of film change when its cooler?

Regards Dave