[LargeFormat] International Film Source List

Robert Lawrence largeformat@f32.net
Fri Mar 8 07:29:01 2002

Clive Warren wrote:

> At 07:48 08/03/02 +0000, mark blackman wrote:
> >I have made this suggestion on other lists: how about we collate a list of
> >film sources in foreign countries? Most pro shops would be happy to deliver
> >a box or two of film to a hotel ready for pick up on arrival. I'll gladly
> >cover London.
>
> Mark,
>
> That's a great idea - I will provide a page on the f32.net web site that
> you can manage if you are interested.

You might consider expanding this to include reliable, quality controlled labs
and their specialities.

For an excellent source of photographically related advice with respect to
international travel I cannot too highly recommend the 'Location Photographer's
Handbook' by Haas. Mine is 1990 edition but the advice is sound including phone
numbers for film suppliers and labs in virtually every country with travel
advice, customs requirements, local customs, etiquette and so on. Useful
numbers include the major associations in the country concerned who are usually
very helpful.

ISBN 0-442-31948-7

Robert Lawrence LBIPP, LMPA
Member of the Association of Photographers