[LargeFormat] A new departure

Kevin M. Bell largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 7 15:33:17 2002

At 11:19 AM 3/7/2002, you wrote:
>You may have additional security and inspection as FedEx moves the item
>through customs into China.
>
>I don't need my own account to 'borrow' one. I receive FedEx packages
>regularly with the senders account codes on it.
>
>Regards Dave

No doubt, although I may have less trouble if I ship to a Hong Kong hotel
before going into the mainland - all I will be doing is missing the X-Ray
machines in Denver and Los Angeles.   I won't be able to eliminate
exposure, just reduce it as much as possible.

My point with FedEx regards a hypothetical situation.  *If* they were to
start scanning packages, it would make sense to scan packages that have a
higher probability of being dangerous.  This would include, for example,
packages dropped off at a FedEx or Mail-Boxes-'R-Us type location.  It
would exclude a large shipper, say B&H, shipping from their own
location.  I would expect that you would raise red flags were you to use
B&H's FedEx number while shipping from an unrelated location.

Kevin M. Bell
www.camera-collectors.com
1-877-977-5091