[LargeFormat] Air Travel with Film - Precautions (was Re: Lar ge Format in Rome, Italy)

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 6 20:34:01 2002

Clive Warren wrote:

"the best way of carrying out photography in foreign parts is to buy the
film at destination and dev before return!"

This is certainly true for most developed countries.

I have never understood why people will fly from one developed country to
another and insist on carrying dozens (if not hundreds) of rolls of film
through carry-on scanners (or arguing endlessly - and frequently fruitlessly
- for hand inspections) when the very same films - and 1st class dev
facilities - are available in country. Sheer masochism.

These days, however, I do draw the line at processing in hotel bathrooms...

--
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The genius is the one who plays most like himself." - Thelonius Monk.