[LargeFormat] Internegatives

TigerShark largeformat@f32.net
Tue Feb 26 11:32:42 2002

Not every print is the same.   If a lab has a $6 an hour employee, who
just started printing, making your cibas, or you get a ciba from an
experienced printer who has a heart for it, there will be much
difference.

If you have made prints before, Ciba is just like it.  And the more you
do, the better you get.  Try mail order for Ciba supplies, since I doubt
you will be able to get fresh stock locally, unless you live in the
right area.  I have made many Ciba prints, and the quality is truly
stunning.  The super high gloss stock is the best.  The RC is a lot
cheaper to buy, but doesn't look nearly as good.

Fuji makes a great Reversal product called SG-35, which also uses a
Super Gloss polyester base.  Their RC-35 is RC based, and the results
are not as good as the SG type, but quite ok.  This process uses R-3 or
R-3000 chemistry.  These look just like Ciba Chromes, but are not.

For completeness:
I made many internegatives for commercial accounts where 100-200 5x7s
were needed from a 4x5 chrome.

TigerShark

Thanks to all...

I've decided to try both an Interneg & the Ciba process (subject to
reasonable local availability of the paper/chemistry/film). Failing that
my local lab gets another order.

regards Dave