[LargeFormat] symmar

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Feb 25 14:38:35 2002

This is a great set up for a studio or landscape person that likes a long
perspective.

You have two lenses in one.  With both halves of the lens on the shutter the
lens is a 240mm lens.that's a bit on the long side of normal, about what an
80mm lens on a 35mm camera would be.

Now remove the FRONT element and you have a very long 420mm lens! ( a 140mm
on 35mm)

And yes the coverage should be ample and functional, although I don't know
how close you will be able to focus with the 420.. It will need a bit more
than 16.5 inches of bellows to focus at infinity.

les