[LargeFormat] Internegatives

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Mon Feb 25 08:51:23 2002

Thanks.

I haven't been impressed with the couple of  Cibachrome prints I have =
had made locally - and 8x10 is the largest size opened and 11x17ish is =
my wife's favourite size
I'd rather not go the digital route - with the recent conversion of a =
friend with a darkroom to LF he upgraded his enlarger to support LF - =
because I want to print this one.

OK, how hard is the  Cibachrome route?

regards Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Brock Nanson [mailto:brock@nanson.org]
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 10:59 PM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Internegatives

Yes, unlike digital there are significant losses as you add generations =
the printing process.  I remember my father having internegs done of
Kodachrome slides in the 70's because there was only the Cibachrome =
choice
at the time I believe.  And it was contrasty and expensive.  I also =
recall
being less than impressed with the finished product derived from the
interneg.  Not only was it less than sharp as you mention, but the =
contrast
was poor and color less vivid.

Brock