[LargeFormat] Cabin fever has set in. (3010 tank)

Paul and Paula Butzi largeformat@f32.net
Sat Feb 9 13:48:10 2002

> Paul,
>
> What chemical volume do you use in your 3010 tank?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Brick

The pre-wet/pre-soak I use 500ml.

Developer: one liter.  I use Tmax-RS diluted 1+9 one shot, except for N+2 and N+3, etc.
This works out to 10ml of syrup for each 4x5 sheet, which is (I'm working
from memory) the replenishment rate for Tmax-RS.  I figure that's safe.

N+2 and N+3 I use Tmax-RS 1+4.  I also use 1 liter, even though it's
quite a lot more than theory says should be needed.  I just started doing
it that way without thinking about it, it works, so I'm not going to jigger
with it.  Using the more concentrated developer keeps the development
times down around 10-15 minutes.

Stop bath and fix I put 500ml in the drum,

I use the acetic acid stop for one darkroom session then dump it.
(I suppose I could use a water rinse but I've been using acetic
acid stop for decades, never had a problem, and if it ain't
broke, why fix it?  :-)

Rapid fix I track the usage and mix new fix when I reach 25%
of Kodak's capacity recommendations, the spent fix I recover
the silver from and dump.  For film I add the hardener.

Wash aid I use 500ml and use it one shot.

The minimum amount Jobo says you can put in the drum is
210ml or something.  I suspect you'd run into developer exhaustion
if you actually put that little in the drum.

You need to be a bit careful with one liter in the drum when
using the lift - the lift is (I'm looking for a polite way to say this)
underengineered.

-Paul