[LargeFormat] Polaroid Film

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Tue Feb 5 18:00:41 2002

Dear Brock,

     You have spurred me into action - this afternoon I print a selection of
pictures of me and send them to Warren. You can have the ones in historical
costume or the "special" set in fishnet stockings and rubber underwear - you
choose.

     As for wearing a Jackie Howe around the darkroom - I haven't had one
for years - the wife threw my last one away when it started to hum. I just
stick to shorts and hang the little speaking timer that I use for the
processing from a shoelace around my neck.

    NOW - to a REAL large format topic. I need good advice from actual
painful experience and I prefer it to be someone elses's pain. Let me
explain.

     I have been contemplating the JOBO systems. The local C.R. Kennedy has
sent a 1998 pamphlet detailing a lot of their rotary processors as well as
some of the other equipment they sell. It lists the various CPE's and the
ATL 1500 to 2500. Good publication and I daresay I'll get a lot out of
studying it.

     But what I need is actual users experience for these. If there is
anyone out there in this list who uses one of the CPE's or the ATL for film
developing and paper work as well, I would appreciate a chance to correspond
off-list with a series of questions.

    Thanks in advance for the chance.

     Uncle Dick