[LargeFormat] Ebay Madness

Robert Mayrand largeformat@f32.net
Tue Feb 5 14:50:27 2002

The estate agent was just an example but this would apply to all contractual
agreement where someone take charge of finding customer on commission, wich
ebay fits into. As for international transaction yes this is an hassle.

I'm also in Canada. The principle here is that if you are in transaction
with someone and there is some problem, you got to check who did the last
action to finalize the transaction to know who has jurisdiction. And so is
the case in many countries. In an auction it's a bit more complicated. But
in theory it would be the bidder who did the last action, since has soon as
a bid higher then the reserve is reach the seller could not stop the sale.
In a regular sale where you do an offer and the seller accept the
offer...the acceptance is the last action.

So if this is the case in international law. A conflict between a seller and
a bidder would always have to be trial in the country of the bidder.

Rob

End of this discussion for me, now let's get back to the good
stuff......camera!