[LargeFormat] Garden Landscape Photography

mark blackman largeformat@f32.net
Fri Feb 1 15:20:24 2002

From: "Bob Younger" <younger@wwc.com>
> Let me agree with Les and add a bit....It is in bringing a focus (forgive
> the pun) to things that we as photographers and other visual artists
enable
> people to see what otherwise would have most likely gone unnoticed. Often
> the "big picture" does not convey as much as a photograph of just a small
> portion.

And Bob, let me apologise to you and Les - I was responding @ work at the
end of a busy week.

Having had a couple of beers and had the soothing influence of my kids
running around going mad, I think I've settled down a bit.

I assume the purpose is to photograph back yard landscapes. A couple of long
shots would probably be needed, but the rest I suggest should be low down,
getting in close with the ground and the planting. In which case a wide lens
WOULD be useful! Probably quite a bit of movement as well to ensure the
nearby was all in focus. Go for natural light, as even the best flash always
overshows the close and ignores the distant.

Of course, if you could get up high (from the house or a tree), that would
produce an interesting shot or two as well.