[LargeFormat] Any info on the Industar-37?

Marco Pauck largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 28 19:09:07 2002

Frantisek Vlcek wrote:

> Hi,
>    All Industars were of Tessar design (or possibly the Elmar
>    derivative of Tessar) copy. So it should be a 4 element lens in 3
>    groups, the last group consisting of cemented neg and pos elements
>    (visible faintly in the diagram in the link).
[...]

Thanks a lot for your detailed comments!

Just let me add two things to my own message:

1. I've used quite a lot East-European equipment in the past
   and most of it has only mediocre build quality.
   My Industar is one of the best pieces I've seen yet.
   It's also one of the most appealing. I especially like the
   color combination of the black anodizing, the golden brass,
   and the blue and purple lens coatings  ;-)

2. Having a closer look at the lens elements, I noticed that
   each of them has a five digit kind of serial (or batch)
   number directly on them! On the glass itself! Never seen
   this before ...

	Marco
--
Marco Pauck -- marco@pauck.de -- http://www.pauck.de/marco/
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,