[LargeFormat] Any info on the Industar-37?

Marco Pauck largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 27 13:59:25 2002

As an addendum to my last message regarding the FK:

The FK 18x24's standard lens is an Industar-37 4,5/30 cm.
I've disassembled it to fix the sticky diaphragm and remove
the ugly paint revealing a really nice brass finish:

	http://www.pauck.de/marco/photo/stuff/fk/lens.jpg

I noticed that the optical design consists of three elements,
but I'm not sure how many actual lenses. From the reflections
by the lens' coating, I would guess that the elements are
single lenses (not achromats).

The Industar-37 is included in Kadlubek's lens catalog (RUS0760)
but without any details. Princelle's book has no further info
at all.

Does anyone have more information?
Is the lens design a copy of a western design?
Any hints about performance and coverage?

	Marco
--
Marco Pauck -- marco@pauck.de -- http://www.pauck.de/marco/
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,