[LargeFormat] Re: Aero-Ektars

Michael Briggs largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 26 22:14:01 2002

On 26-Jan-02 Clive Warren wrote:

> How are you getting on with your document on the old Aero Ektars? I
> threw up some photos of one in an Alphax shutter recently on the f32
> Discussion Forum.

I have posted some information on my webpage:
http://home.earthlink.net/~michaelbriggs/aeroektar/aeroektar.html
I update this about monthly as I have time or new information.

Could you (and anyone else on the list) send me the rim data (esp. the serial
number) from your Aero-Ektars?   I suggest sending rim data privately by email
so as not to bore the other list members.   I am trying to determine what
versions were made and an estimate of the production dates and volumes.

The photos of the Clive's lens in the Alphax shutter show a yellow dot on the
rim.  This is only the second yellow dot marking that I have seen.   As yet, I
don't know what it means.

The physics laboratory where I work is now being unpacked, so soon I should be
able to make better measurements of the radiation.

--Michael