[LargeFormat] lens formulas for G claron

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 23 08:38:21 2002

At 21:01 22/01/02 -0600, Michael Briggs wrote:

>On 22-Jan-02 Clive Warren wrote:
>
> > Now have a whole range of methods to use when the G-Claron arrives  -
> > should probably check out the other lens that I calibrated using the
> > more simplistic method mentioned earlier, however this time using
> > these more accurate approaches..
>
>Another method to obtain the f-stop scale for a G-Claron: call the Schneider
>distributor in your country and ask them how much the scale costs (or both for
>the Copal 1, if you want both).  They just screw on and are probably available
>as replacment parts.  But they might be expensive.  This also assumes that you
>have a regular Copal 1 -- the ones with Nikon LF lenses are slighly different
>in how the aperture scales attach.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have purchased one scale for a Copal shutter
before which was hideously expensive!

This time I will be making the scale - suppose it might be worthwhile
checking the scrap bin at my local repairers and reversing another scale
plate etc etc