[LargeFormat] Help on Graflex/graphic research

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 22 17:11:18 2002

I'm trying to do some research on Graphic cameras and would like some help.
While the written word is easily transmitted, sooner or later I'm going to
have to illustrate this paper, and I can't afford to buy every model and
accessory I need.

for the larger stuff-- cameras, etc. I'm looking for people in the Michigan,
Ohio, Illinois area that are willing to help me. For now I'm willing to
travel in this area, as things progress and friendships made I may have to
resort to paying for shipping.  The smaller stuff could be shipped back and
forth. Obviously I'll pay shipping and insurance both ways.

So what am I looking for?  Well I need a nice example of a  Pacemaker and an
Anniversary with a Graflex back (not a spring or Graflok)  I'm also looking
for a Graphic Polaroid back (the boat anchor that used Polaroid roll film).

Any evidence that Graflex (in all of it's corporate names) made a lever roll
back for 4x5.

Also any original brochures involving sales both from a retail and wholesale
nature. (These could be mailed from outside the tri-dtate area).

there's lots of other things, if you are interested in helping me you can
email off line and I'll try to come up with a wish list. I've gotten a bit
of it written and the more I write, the more llustrations I see a need for!

Les