[LargeFormat] Compur #1 and Copal #1 for G-Claron 305mm f9

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 22 13:00:44 2002

At 08:54 22/01/02 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:
>The Fuji C 450 F11 does fit on a Copal 1....  ..... tiny lens, beautiful
>results.
>
>Baffling is NOT the issue with the big coverage lenses in a smaller format
>camera.... the light goes into the bellows, then bounces around... causing
>lower contrast and minor "fogging".....   Vignette the image circle and the
>light never enters the bellows.... thus cured.

Ah...... Fuji!

Point taken, ie even the black interior of the bellows will reflect some
light - the coverage of the G-Claron is overkill for 4x5 really, however I
also have 5x7 and 8x10. One of those compendium shades made by the Camera
Bellows Company may have to end up in the kit bag.  They do at least
compress very well. and take filters......  May end up testing with and
without compendium on a challenging scene - unless you have done this already?