[LargeFormat] A most useful manufacturer...

lnphoto largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 18 11:26:01 2002

Yeah but down there you run 220v so you can kill yourself twice as dead,
half as fast as us Yanks running low voltage.  I live in an old house (1901)
so naturally I had to convert the garage to a woodwork shop because I
couldn't afford those expensive contractors. Now my $30,000 dolar car rots
in the driveway so I can protect $3,000 worth of saws.
In the early days the garage ran on one cirkut,  uhh  circuit. A 15 amp
coming from the bath.  I had about 4 lights, two saws and some 8 outlets on
that circuit. It was a real one man shop as turning anything but the lights
and one machine would blow the fuse.  In fact the way I knew my saw was up
to speed was when the lights came back on!

I've since put in a new breaker box with seperate runs for the lights and
the saws and it's a big help.  I"ve made lensboards--both onepiece plywood
and three piece mahogany, light stands, One box camera, repaird one old
camera that had been dropped and tore the bed off the box, and made lots and
lots of saw dust. that's really my speciality!

Les