[LargeFormat] A most useful manufacturer...

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 17 06:19:05 2002

Dear Gregor,

     Of course you have an Uncle Dick. I'M Uncle Dick. I have a loud suit, a
loud voice, and a pack of naughty French postcards in my pocket. I am the
curse put upon the family by the Almighty, and I take my responsibilty
seriously.

    But I rejoice that you too use the Home Photography store. It proves
that no matter how much the manufacturers want us to buy their gadgets - and
how much they want to steer us into dependant realms ( " Put your photos on
our site and we'll let you access them for a modest fee."  Put your photos
in a shoebox and you can access them for free, as well as have a pair of
shoes....) - we can still think and do for ourselves. Some of my best gear
is truly cutting edge since I made it on the spur of the moment, on the
horns of a dilemma, and on the cheap. Mounting boards, gaffer tape, and
black paint are major photographic resources around here.

    I have also used old film boxes as lens extension boxes when I wanted to
print cartes de visite and ditto for quick lens hoods.

     Uncle Dick