[LargeFormat] equipment survey

Karl Wolz largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 17 05:17:33 2002

Just the same as many other things in life, it's not the equipment you have,
but how you use it.  Unfortunately, I haven't been using mine enough lately,
though I'm hoping for a few field trips fairly soon. ;-)

I use a Wista DX in the field and an older Toyo 4x5 (I believe it's an M -
the beige one) for studio work.  I purchased a 5x7 back for the Toyo which I
have not taken the time yet to use, other than to set it up and admire it.

Optics?  A 65mm S Angulon; a 75mm 5.6 SA (one of my favorites); a 90mm 6.8
Sironar; a 120mm 6.8 Angulon (also one of my faves - this is the lens I
carry if i only carry one lens); a 150 Apo Symmar; a 210 Nikkor W; a 250mm
Rodenstock Imagon in a Compound shutter (a very interesting lens to use, I'm
learning), and two 360s - a Fujinon A f:10 (sharpest lens I own) and a
Tele-Xenar ( a telephoto design that I can use for portraits on the Wista).

I also have a barrel mounted 24" Apo Ronar, which I'm coming to the
realization that I'm never going to use.  Any interest???

Karl Wolz