[LargeFormat] Survey of Field Cameras

philip Lambert largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 16 18:43:06 2002

Clive,(1) there was a useful article in the Amateur Photographer about MPP
5x4 technical cameras which I could endeavour to scan in and send if you
think anybody would be interested.
 (2) who cleans shutters for you?. I have a 105mm Ektar whose Supermatic
shutter won't cock properly, although it did last month when I tried it. On
this subject I just bought a WA lens from a dealer who assured me it was
just  back from servicing; when I tried out the flash synchro a great puff
of smoke appeared but it worked normally thereafter. I guess the first flash
exposure simply detonated the solvent/lubricant used in the service.  I
wonder what flash powder was like.Philip