[LargeFormat] Survey of Field Cameras

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 15 18:00:25 2002

>  > I am a bit surprised that we have so few Ebony users on the list - it
>>  might be interesting to do a quick survey at some point to see what
>  > people are using out in the field.

More info for the survey.

Main field camera is an old MPP Mk VII technical camera with a range
of lenses that all fits into one (heavy) camera bag - 150mm Sironar
N, 90mm Angulon (SA when not travelling light), 203mm Ektar (simply
the best!), soon to be added 12" Commercial Ektar. There is a 65mm f8
SA that currently needs both a CLA and a recessed lens board. Anyone
who has a spare MPP recessed lens board would be very popular here
right now!

For the field I also use Korona cameras with old lenses - then there
is the 5x7 monorail that is currently being used for 6x17 with a
135mm Wide Field Ektar. This is actually lighter than the MPP but the
tripod is an old majestic which weighs a ton. Tends to attract more
people telling you about their old Pentax Spotmatics than the other
cameras ;-)

There are other cameras but these are the ones I currently use. I
have an almost mint and cased 5x7 B&J maple wood field camera with
extension track plus 4x5 and 5x7 rotating backs that I will probably
never use. Probably time to rationalise but may end up using some of
the kit in the forthcoming Spring workshop.