[LargeFormat] Survey of Field Cameras

Charles Thorsten largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 15 17:01:16 2002

I'm amazed and happy at the number of older lenses and
cameras still being used by the members of this group.  I've
never seen so many Dagors, Artars, and Ektars mentioned
in one thread before!  I almost feel inadequate mentioning
my more modern stuff, but here goes.

Toyo 45AII with 90/8 SA, 150/5.6 Rodenstock APO,
210/5.6 Symmar-S.  I also have a 75/4.5 but I have trouble
using it on the field camera.  The 45AII has a rather limited
bellows and the bed must be dropped at an angle to make
sure it doesn't appear in the image.  It usually gets left with
the monorail at home.  The 45AII works great otherwise.
One day I would like to buy a nice wooden camera...the
Wisner 4x5 Technical Field has been in my dreams for
quite some time, along with a 360mm Fuji or Nikkor-T. :)

-Charlie