[LargeFormat] Survey of Field Cameras (was Wisner and Ebony Field Cameras)

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 14 10:42:42 2002

From: "Paul and Paula Butzi" <butzi@nwlink.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:06:49 -0800

 > > I am a bit surprised that we have so few Ebony users on the list - it
 > > might be interesting to do a quick survey at some point to see what
 > > people are using out in the field.

Linhof Technikardan 45s, with lenses ranging from 90mm to 450mm.

-Paul

Hi Paul,

The two cameras I considered were the TK 45S and The Canham DLC.  The 45S is
a wonderful camera, but IMHO a bit too difficult to use under extreme
conditions.

Workmanship is exactly what one would expect from Linhof and all movemts are
very positive with very accuate lock downs.  For me, packing this camera,
erecting it and breaking it down for every shot in the field is nothing
short of monumental - just my opinion!

Regards, Pete