[LargeFormat] Fuji Quickchange Holders

Pete Caluori largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jan 8 14:51:24 2002

----Original Message Follows----
From: "mark blackman" <mark.blackman1@btinternet.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Fuji Quickchange Holders
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:11:23 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Caluori" <pcaluori@hotmail.com>
<snip>

 > Reloading the holder can be done as quickly as loading standard holders,
 > once you figure out how.  Again, not havind seen a Grafmatic I can't
relate
 > to it, but the Fuji septums have slots on three sides and a lip on the
 > fourth.  It's difficult to simply slide a sheet in as in standard
holders.
 > I bow the sheet of film and slip it under one of the long slots, then
slide
 > it down to the short slot.  I then pop the other long side under the
third
 > slot and gently push the sheet down, at which time it slips behind the
lip
 > at the top.  I know this sounds complicated, but it really is a lot
easier
 > to do than to describe.
 >
 > The options that this holder offers are wonderful.  Last year I carried
20
 > holders and gear about 10 miles and almost ran out of film and I didn't
 > bracket.  Had I had the QuickChange it would have made that hike much
more
 > comfortable.  If anyone gets one and has trouble unloading/loading it,
 > please feel free to contact me.

Pete,
This sounds very similiar to a grafmatic, the only difference is that the
fuji holder is plastic and holds 8 sheets. What we can't tell yet is how
long lasting the QuickChange will be - the grafmatic was designed for reuse
and many are still in use after 40 years, whereas the Fuji system sounds
like a happy accident as it wasn't designed to be reloaded by users.

You're 100% correct Mark, only time will tell.  What I alluded to in the
original post, when cycling through sheets, the pack assembly would not go
back in all the way.  I cured this by withdrawing the pack out again and
reinserting it, but if someone were to force it, the plastic septum could
conceivably break.  Still, given the advantages for certain situations it's
still a good deal.  I plan on purchasing several more film packs so I'll
have a few spares.

Regards, Pete